Blueberry Sunshine Salad
The bite and colors of summer—fresh blueberries, salty feta and sweet almonds amped up with the tangy, sweet dressing.
For the dressing
- ½ cup blueberry preserves
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
For the salad
- 1 head of romaine / or one container of washed greens cleaned, washed and torn into pieces
- ½ red onion (optional) quartered and sliced thin
- 3-4 slices of cooked, crisp bacon cut into big pieces
- 2 oz block of feta cheese crumbled || feel free to use more
- ⅓ cup honey roasted almonds from Trader Joes (can also use sweet/spicy pecans)
Combine the preserves and vinegar in a small lidded jar or bowl.
Add the oil and either shake in the jar (lid on) or whisk to emulsify.
Place prepared lettuces in a wide shallow bowl.
Top with remaining ingredients except nuts. Toss with dressing and then add nuts.