Mexican Street Corn Steak Nachos
An easy single bite steak nacho topped with a esquites salad.
For the nachos
- 16 tortilla chips
- ½ avocado pitted and sliced
- 4 slices leftover beef tenderloin or steak sliced in quarters to make 16 pieces
- 4 ounces cotija cheese divided
For the esquites
- 1 bag fire roasted frozen corn thawed and cooked according to package directions
- 2 jalapenos seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon crema or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt more if needed
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- ½ lime juiced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
For the street corn (esquites)
Place thawed and heated corn in a medium sized bowl. Stir in jalapeno and garlic until combined.
In a measuring cup, mix the mayo and crema together. Stir in the spices and parmesan until mixed well.
Add the mayo/crema combo to the corn and stir until combined.
Sprinkle in 2 oz of cotija, cilantro and lime juice. Toss until incorporated. Taste and correct for seasoning.