Buffalo Chicken Nugget Salad (air fried chicken nugget salad)
This easy salad recipe can be made for 1 or as many as you want. Uses copycat Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets to make a Buffalo chicken nugget salad.
For the Buffalo chicken
- 5-7 frozen chicken nuggets I use Just Bare from Costco
- ⅛ cup Buffalo sauce I use Frank's Red Hot
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the salad
- 2 cups chopped lettuce butter, romaine or more
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Mascarpone Ranch Salad Dressing recipe here
- optional toppings see notes
Using a conventional oven
Cook the chicken nuggets according to the package directions. Proceed with the recipe as follows.
Combine the hot sauce with the melted butter in a medium bowl and toss with the chicken until well-coated. Set aside.
Meanwhile prep and chop the salad ingredients starting with all the veggies.
Assemble the greens first and then the veggies in a serving bowl.
Top the salad with the Buffalo chicken and sprinkle with the two cheeses.
Toss with the dressing or serve it on the side. Also so good with my Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing!
Optional ingredient ideas:
- sunflower seeds or shelled pistachios
- hard-boiled egg
- sesame sticks
- pickled jalapenos