An easy five minute salad recipe that once you make it, you’ll make it over and over— all summer long. With a zippy sweet and vinegary dressing, Tangy Blueberry Feta Salad is the absolute best because it has big flavor and is fast. Adapted from a former Southern Living recipe.
The Blueberry Salad Story
The best part about Blueberry Salad in addition to its big flavor is how easy it comes together. Fresh romaine, salty feta, red onions (that are optional but look pretty here) and of course, fresh blueberries at the perfect point of ripeness.
Some salty bacon or foolproof chicken might be good here because the people in your life just might want this salad to be the main event. And it is up to the challenge.
This blueberry and feta salad is one big bite of summer.
One Winning Dressing
Another scene stealer in this blueberry salad is the dressing. If you added some vodka to it, the dressing might qualify as a cocktail shrub. Part balsamic vinegar, part blueberry preserves with some olive oil thrown in to make it all salad-like, this blueberry balsamic dressing just works.
I’ll step away now. Got some salad to get working on.
For a few: Buy ingredients for the full recipe but use half of the recipe for one meal and use the remaining for another. make the full dressing recipe and use throughout the week. Top with your favorite grilled protein!
For a crowd: Make small individual cups of salad for a party buffet or bridal or baby shower. Guests love eating personal servings of their favorites as it gives them the chance to try a lot of yummy dishes!
Blueberry Feta Salad
For the salad
- 1 head of romaine / or one container of washed greens, cleaned, washed and torn into pieces
- ½ red onion (optional), quartered and sliced thin
- 3-4 slices of cooked, crisp bacon, cut into big pieces
- 2 oz block of feta cheese, crumbled || feel free to use more
- ⅓ cup honey roasted almonds, or sweet/spicy pecans
- Combine the preserves and vinegar in a small lidded jar or bowl.1/2 cup blueberry preserves, 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Add the oil and either shake in the jar (lid on) or whisk to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper.1/3 cup olive oil, salt/pepper to taste
- Place prepared lettuces in a wide shallow bowl.1 head of romaine / or one container of washed greens
- Top with remaining ingredients except nuts. Toss with dressing and then add nuts.1/2 red onion (optional), 3-4 slices of cooked, crisp bacon, 2 oz block of feta cheese, 1/3 cup honey roasted almonds