Balsamic vinegar has a bite and why not give it a partner that can one-up with a creamy bite? This honey balsamic mustard dressing blends the best balsamic vinegar with a sharp spicy mustard and sweetens the whole thing up with a bit of honey. You’ll love how this smooth and tangy dressing clings to crisp romaine or finds the nooks and crannies of celery.
Sweet honey balsamic dressing
It’s no secret that I think making homemade salad dressing is one of the easiest things to do in the kitchen. And it’s definitely one of the most economical. Get ready to add one more simple balsamic vinaigrette dressing to your must-make list with this creamy honey balsamic mustard dressing.
It’s the best of all salad dressing worlds…sweet, zesty with a bit of a bite. Plus the whole family is gonna love it.
⇢ Other easy balsamic recipes like this you’ll ♥️: whisked fig balsamic vinaigrette, savory sauteed vegetable sandwich, and this pretty, layered deli meat brick sandwich. Or give my Italian couscous a try …such an easy side dish recipe!
The simple ingredients you’ll need
In addition to the obvious core ingredients of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, there are 2 more ingredients that make this dressing creamy, balanced and add so much flavor:
How to make creamy honey balsamic mustard dressing
- To a clean bowl or measuring cup, add the balsamic vinegar along with the honey and mustard.
- Whisk together and then slowly whisk in olive oil until creamy.
- Add salt and pepper and whisk again.
All the places that need honey balsamic dressing
Oh and are there many! Let’s put a quick list together:
Chicken sandwiches. A grilled chicken sandwich deserves a drizzle of dressing, right?
Pizza. A quick dunk of a crispy pizza crust into some honey balsamic could become a habit.
Storage and Freezer Suggestions
To freeze, pour the dressing into a small freezer safe bag and freeze standing up until solid. Then you can lay them down and put a bunch together in a larger freezer bag.
Made this recipe?
I’d love it if you’d share your review and leave a star rating and comment!
Creamy Balsamic Honey Dressing
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, sharp mustard, and honey in a glass measuring cup.¼ cup balsamic vinegar, 2 Tablespoons Honeycup sharp mustard, 2 Tablespoons honey
- Slowly pour the oil in a steady stream while whisking continuously whisking. Add salt and pepper. Taste and correct for seasoning.¼ cup olive oil, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper
- If you have a hard time whisking, hold the whisk between the palm of both hands and swish back and forth (like you’re washing your hands) while keeping the whisk at the bottom of the measuring cup the whole time.
- Follow the recipe but place the ingredients in a jelly or canning jar. Shake vigorously to incorporate and mix the dressing.
About Lori Murphy
Lori has over 30 years in the food industry as a marketing strategist, culinary instructor and chef for three kids with discerning palates. As the chief content creator at Josie + Nina, Lori is dedicated to helping home cooks create food memories through fresh ingredients and Italian flavors.